Home maintenance isn't restricted to repairs. In fact, some tasks, when performed regularly, could actually prevent things from failing in the first place. But when things do go wrong, and it's inevitable that they do it's just a matter of time, we have some backup plans that you can attempt before you grab the phone to call for a professional. Appliances and plumbing are the most common offenders, but they also often can be the simplest to take care of. From the gutters to the living room carpet, there's a reliable method for keeping every part of your house clean, safe, and well cared for.
The quickest fix is to not have the problem in the first place. Here's a checklist of items every homeowner should check regularly.
1. Get your HVAC System Inspected bi-anually.
2. Vacuum the clothes dryer's exhaust duct at least once a year. If the duct is plastic, replace it (it's a fire hazard). Rigid sheet-metal ducting is best.
3. Replace furnace filters quarterly, or as recommended by the furnace manufacturer.
4. Clean leaves and debris from the condenser of a central air conditioner seasonally.
5. Once a year, vacuum the refrigerator coils underneath the appliance.
If you want more tips for HVAC Tune-Up Fort Wayne, feel free to visit Advanced Mechanical @ advmechanical.com